You may have seen our flowerpots downtown, or a community garden in your neighborhood. You may have seen our gardeners, volunteers and community hard at work. You may even have seen us letting loose at one of our events around the city. But we’d like to show it off anyway. Explore our photos and news to discover what we’ve been up to.
Background Information on Gateway Greening:
Established in 1984, Gateway Greening’s mission is to educate and empower people to strengthen their communities through gardening and urban agriculture.
Fast Facts about Gateway Greening (GGI):
- GGI is the 2nd largest network of community gardens in the United States, supporting 220+ gardens as of February 2017
- GGI supports more than 60 school gardens, impacting 13,000 local students
- GGI connects with approximately 4,000 volunteers, providing 20,000 hours of service on average each year
- GGI has the largest urban farm located in a downtown area in the US, coming in at 2.5 acres
- Since 2006, Gateway Greening Urban Farm has produced 120,000+ lbs of fresh produce
- Gateway Greening Urban Farm has served 680+ clients struggling with homelessness, with an employment rate of 70% for City Seeds Therapeutic Job Training clients.
- GGI serves both St. Louis City and St. Louis County
- GGI offers 130+ community urban agriculture classes each year
80% of every dollar earned or raised by Gateway Greening goes to support Gateway Greening programs.
To learn about our recent corporate sponsors, please visit our Financials page.
If you have any media questions please contact our