You may have seen our flowerpots downtown, or a community garden in your neighborhood. You may have seen our gardeners, volunteers and community hard at work. You may even have seen us letting loose at one of our events around the city. But we’d like to show it off anyway. Explore our photos and news to discover what we’ve been up to.
Background Information on Gateway Greening:
Established in 1984, Gateway Greening’s mission is to educate and empower people to strengthen their communities through gardening and urban agriculture.
Gateway Greening’s vision is of people connected to the land, to their food, and to each other in deeply rooted, resilient urban communities.
Fast Facts about Gateway Greening (GGI):
- GGI is one of the largest networks of community gardens in the United States, supporting 200+ gardens as of February 2017
- GGI supports more than 60 school gardens, impacting 13,000 local students
- GGI connected with 2,368 volunteers in 2017, providing 6,259 hours of service in school and community gardens throughout St. Louis.
- GGI serves both St. Louis City and St. Louis County
- GGI offers 130+ community urban agriculture classes each year
80% of every dollar earned or raised by Gateway Greening goes to support Gateway Greening programs.
To learn about our recent corporate sponsors, please visit our Financials page.
If you have any media questions please contact our