Gateway Greening’s Urban Farm CSA
Gateway Greening is excited to offer weekly produce boxes through our Community Supported Agriculture project, or CSA. CSA members pay for a full season of produce prior to the start of the season. This model offers benefits for both the members and the farm. Members receive a convenient abundance of fresh, local produce and they build a relationship with their local food system. Many members also appreciate the opportunity to try new types and varieties of vegetables. The farm benefits by receiving income at the start of the season when it is most in need, prior to market sales. By joining the CSA, you support not only organic farming practices, but also Gateway Greening’s mission to educate and empower people to strengthen their communities through gardening and urban agriculture.
Please note that our CSA registration is closed for the 2017 growing season. Registration for the 2018 season will re-open next spring. Keep an eye on our bi-weekly e-newsletters for the announcement!
CSA members pick-up a weekly box of fresh produce at the Gateway Greening office. Large and Regular shares are available. A Large box of veggies can feed a household of 3-5 and a Regular is appropriate for 1-3 people. For a list of available vegetables, refer to seasonal availability below.
When & Where
Two Pick-up Options (space is limited and assigned by preference on a first-come, first-serve basis)
Wednesdays, 11am – 6pm OR Saturdays, 9am – 3pm
Pick Up Location (No Delivery)
Gateway Greening Office
2211 Washington Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63103
This location is perfect for someone who lives or works in Downtown St. Louis.
Payments may be made in a one-time lump sum, or can follow our payment plan as listed below.
- Large ($25/week for 24 weeks): $600
- Regular ($15/week for 24 weeks): $360
The first payment must be made no later than March 31st to be eligible for the installment plan.
Initial payments are made at sign up. The second and third payments will be withdrawn in 30 day increments from the initial payment date. For example, if a CSA member signs up March 15th, their first payment will occur on March 15th, the second on April 15th, and the third payment on May 15th.
|Sign Up||30 Days||60 Days|
Check – made to Gateway Greening. Please mark “CSA” in the memo and mail to the above address.
Credit Cards – Please call Theresa at 314-588-9600 ext. 101 to pay with a credit card over the phone.
CSA Registration – Closed for 2017
In order to register, please complete the CSA Order Form and CSA Contract, linked below. You may submit these forms through one of the following methods:
- Email to Theresa Lopez: email@example.com
- Mail to:
Gateway Greening CSA
C/O Theresa Lopez
2211 Washington Ave.
St. Louis MO 63110
In order to submit payment, you may either mail a check to the above address or pay with a credit card by calling Theresa Lopez at 314-588-9600 ext. 101. Due to the limited number of available shares, we do not offer an automated online payment system. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Your CSA registration is not complete until payment has been received.
- Reusable Boxes or Bags: Each week, you will receive a reusable box full of produce. Upon returning the following week, you are expected to bring back that container to trade for a fresh box of produce. If you prefer, you may also bring your own bag(s) or cooler in which to transfer produce.
- Pick-up Confirmation: Upon pick-up, we ask that you sign for your box. This is to confirm, for our records that you picked up for the week. It is acceptable for someone else besides you to pick up your box in your absence, but please call or email to let us know. We do not want to let just anyone walk away with your veggies!
- Vegetable Information: Each box will contain a list of included vegetables. Recipe suggestions will be emailed each week. If you are unsure of a specific type of vegetable, feel free to ask the staff when you pick-up.
- Pick-up Policy: You may only pick-up your share on your designated pick-up day (Wednesday or Saturday). Pick-up days are assigned based on you preference and space availability. For example, you may state that you prefer to pick-up on Wednesdays. If there is still space available for Wednesday pick-up, then Wednesdays will be you assigned day. If you do not pick up your share by the end of you designated pick-up day, we will donate your share to a local food pantry. We encourage you to arrange with friends or family to pick up in your stead.
- Evaluation: Once the 2017 CSA program has ended, you will be asked to complete an evaluation form. We want to ensure that we learn as much as possible from our members! Necessary improvements will be made for the 2018 season.
Seasonal Availability of Vegetables
- MAY: Beets, Chard, Collards, Kale, Romaine Lettuce, Bok Choy, Radishes, Salad Mix, Turnips, Herbs
- JUNE: Beets, Cabbage, Chard, Collards, Kale, Leeks, Kohlrabi, Bok Choy, Radish, Salad Mix, Turnips, Zucchini, Yellow Squash, Herbs, Peaches (limited), Plums (limited), Sour Cherries (limited)
- JULY: Carrots, Chard, Collards, Kale, Leeks, Green Beans, Cucumbers, Eggplant, Okra, Bell Peppers, Zucchini, Yellow Squash, Tomatoes, Onions, Potatoes, Garlic, Herbs, Peaches (limited)
- AUGUST: Carrots, Chard, Collards, Kale, Leeks, Green Beans, Cucumbers, Eggplant, Melon, Okra, Bell Peppers, Zucchini, Yellow Squash, Tomatoes, Onions, Potatoes, Garlic, Herbs
- SEPTEMBER: Chard, Collards, Kale, Radish, Turnips, Cucumbers, Eggplant, Melon, Okra, Bell Peppers, Tomatoes, Yellow Squash, Zucchini, Onions, Garlic, Sweet Potatoes, Herbs
- OCTOBER: Beets, Bok Choy, Cabbage, Chard, Collards, Kohlrabi, Kale, Radish, Romaine Lettuce, Salad Mix, Turnips, Butternut Squash, Eggplant, Green Beans, Bell Peppers, Pumpkins, Sweet Potatoes, Herbs
What will happen if my preferred pick-up day is full?
Let’s say you would prefer to pick-up on Saturdays. If Saturdays are full, we will contact you to determine what you would like to do. In this scenario, Wednesdays would be your other option. If Wednesdays do not work for you, you are not obligated to purchase a share. If you wish, we will contact you early in 2018 so that you can get your first choice for that growing season.
Does your CSA offer delivery?
No, all CSA members are required to pick-up their boxes at the Gateway Greening office. Gateway Greening must focus staff resources on growing produce and teaching Job Training & Therapeutic Horticulture classes to our clients.
Can members of the Gateway Greening CSA visit and volunteer on the farm?
Absolutely! We are open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday, 7:30-11:30am. Please call or email our Volunteer Team to volunteer or visit! (firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-588-9600 ext. 110)
Is there a deadline for signing up?
No. However, shares are limited and we will sell out. Additionally, each pick-up day has limited space. If you do not sign up early, you may not be able to pick-up on your preferred day.
Does Gateway Greening grow organically?
Due to cost limitations, we are not certified organic. However, Gateway Greening strictly follows organic practices. We practice integrated pest management (IPM), crop rotation, composting, companion planting and other sustainable agriculture practices. We do not use any synthetic chemicals for pesticides, fertilizers or herbicides. Sustainability is a fundamental aspect of our operation.
What can I look forward to in my CSA share?
CSA contents will vary seasonally. Each box will contain 6-12 different vegetables and various herbs. The following is an example of what you might see in your box in mid-August: 1 cucumber, 4 bell peppers, a pint of cherry tomatoes, 1 beefsteak tomato, 1 bunch of kale, 2 onions, 1 zucchini, 1 yellow squash, ½ lb green beans, 1 eggplant, 1 bouquet of flowers and various herbs
Can I split my CSA box with someone else?
Yes. However, you are responsible for coordinating pick-up and cost sharing with whomever you share with.
What if I go out of town during the season?
You may coordinate with a family member or friend to pick up your share. Please let us know. If you do not do this, your share will be donated to a local food pantry. Missed shares will not be reimbursed.
Additional questions? Contact us at email@example.com.